This department provides medical care to patients who have problems with their heart or circulation. It treats people on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
Typical procedures performed include:
- electrocardiogram (ECG) and exercise tests to measure heart function
- echocardiograms (ultrasound scan of the heart)
- scans of the carotid artery in your neck to determine stroke risk
- 24-hour blood pressure tests
- insertion of pacemakers
- cardiac catheterisation (coronary angiography) to see if there are any blocks in your arteries.